Thursday, October 30, 2008

STILL IN HEBREWS

This week, has been extremely long yet rewarding, Tuesday was my wife's birthday and today my daughter Ryanne turned 8 HAPPY BIRTHDAY RYANNE and Happy Belated birthday Deborah. Oh and Pop Reed and I hung out for a while on Monday, with all this activity you know my work was behind for Wednesday Night,but we preachers always know Wednesday and Sundays are coming and excuses will not do our people are looking for us to show up and deliver God's word. Thanks to Capon in his book the foolishness of preaching I learned years ago that we need more short order cooks opposed to Five star chefs, as you know short order cooks can cook just about anything, and so often we pressure ourselves to prepare this Five star meal that may leave the people hungry when a hamburger and fries may have sufficed. At any rate I continued my series through the book of Hebrews and we had a number of new guest with us Praise God! we continued our study in Hebrews 11:20- 23 and talked about Family Faith. We discussed that Faith is meant to be an everyday companion- not a weekend guest, and that the home is where we can be exposed to the germs of faith. We looked at Faith in four homes

Issac vs 20
Jacob vs21
Joseph vs 22
Moses vs 23


We concluded by saying enough about the ancients home, what about your neighborhood? Let's stop by your house. Home is a place where life makes up it's mind, but to what is totally up to you, what are passing on to your children, grandchildren, siblings, what are you trusting God for so often we are only thankful for the tangible stuff, but how about thanking him for Godly parents, grandparents, siblings why not pause now and thank Him.

Until next time

Numbers 6:24

7 comments:

Pastor Lance A. Mann said...

Reginald, please give my birthday wishes to your wife and daughter. I am very happy that you and Pop spent time together, I know you were blessed by the fellowship.

And yes Greg Oden's new name is Lebron James Sr. LOL. And I am not a bandwagon Laker fan, I have been a fan since 1979, you that year don't you? That's the year that Earvin showed up.

Lance

BAW Sr. said...

Good lesson last night man, I would love to get a outline a the series when you finish.Please tell my sister Deb I said happy belated b-day and kiss the little lady and tell her I said happy birthday,I can't believe it's been eight years already.

Anonymous said...

"An everyday companion not a week end guests", another "Payneism" worthy of memorization...lol..
This series I am sure is and has been a blessing to you and the church family. Stick with it.

Tell Debra and Ryanne we send our belated birthday wishes.

Be Encouraged.
Tony R.

Clinton Smith said...

Good work, Payne. Please let Deb and Ryan know I said happy b-day.

Barry B. Severe said...

In these days of tribulation and hardship, it has become necessary to put my faith into practice. On Sunday, I preached from Luke 24:13-36 regarding the disciples on the road to Emmaus.

My introduction was about a german jew who had lost his home and all his possessions in the war. Staying at a monastery his wife broke down and cried, the husband consoling her and encouraging her to maintain her faith.

However, shortly thereafter the husband went out into the garden, and there he broke down and cried and poured his heart out to God. Most recently, I have had several of those moments. And each time God has propped me up, and given me the tenancity to press forward.

Aside from having Jesus Christ as our savior, FAITH is all that we believers have. Take away our faith and we our left with nothing.

HALLELUJAH said...

Belated

Happy Birthday

Wife & Daughter



GOD Bless~~~

Pastor A. A. McGhee said...

Happy Birthday to your wife and child. Sounds like you are having fun in Hebrews. Keep up the good work.