Saturday, October 25, 2008

WHAT HAS GOTTEN INTO THE CHURCH?

In 10 days Californians will go to the poll to cast their ballot for the President of USA as well as a number of other individuals running for public office, on top of this there will be 17 different initiatives on the ballot. I know there is separation between church and state, and there are some serious initiatives on the ballot but the one that strikes my nerve the most as a believer of Jesus Christ is initiative 8. For those non California residents reading this, prop 8 in short eliminates the right of same sex couples to marry, a yes says that only a marriage between a man and a woman is valid or recognized in California. A no says anyone, has the right to be married that means man and man, woman and woman. The thought for this blog came today as my wife Deborah and I were coming from Downtown Los Angeles and we passed a church called St.Johns Episcopal Church that had this sign in front of it!

NO ON 8
STOP THE MARRIAGE BAN


I immediately asked myself what has gotten into the church? when a congregation and it's leadership would affirm same sex marriage a complete violation of biblical principles. We know before the church or the state was ordained God ordained marriage and yet it's an initiative on the California ballot an absolute perversion of scripture Genesis 2:18-25, 1 Peter 3:1-9, Ephesians 5:22-33. November 4 th is a must vote and believers and the Churches in California must stand up and say yes on 8 I know yes sounds crazy due to the verbiage, but yes on 8 says we believe in marriage between man and woman, Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve we must vote yes on 8.
Until next time Pray for California if this passes I believe Sodom and Gomorrah will have a better chance in the judgement.

Numbers 6:24

5 comments:

Ronald said...

Amen Pastor, may God help us.

Unknown said...

Hey Payne great post. This is no suprise coming from the Episcopal "Church"? I pray that Christians in your state will definetly vote yes on this piece of legislation. Traditional marriage must be supported.
However, on a grander scale one of the more challenging issues you and I and all preachers for that matter will have to confront if Barack Obama is elected, is the possible passage of the Hate Crimes legislation he has already promised to pass since he will have the full support of the House and Senate, in which it may become illegal for you and I to say what the bible says about homosexuality. It may be considered hate speech.

Before your readers say this is just a small issue and that we must still support him based upon his other measures, please understand that I am an undecided christian voter who is seeking God's guidance in who to vote for.

Great post Payne and I am sure much dialouge is to follow.

Tony R.

Pastor A. A. McGhee said...

Let the church say Amen! Praise God for your sensitivity to the issues.

Clinton Smith said...

Amen, please vote YES!!!!!!!!!!!

Barry B. Severe said...

RP, I pray that we do not become the stench in God's nostrils that Sodom and Gomorrah became. If we do, I hope I'm the "Lot" that get's to escape God's wrath! LOL!