Monday, October 27, 2008

LEADERSHIP CELEBRATION

Yesterday marked the closing of our 15 year Leadership Celebration with Dr John A ( Reed Jr. ( pop) Pop has basically been a part of my ministry from the very beginning He ordained me after the passing of H.B Charles Sr., he married me and for the past at least 10 years every 4Th Sunday of October he preaches in our morning worship. This year vintage pop Reed showed up am I right awe yea LOL, he preached from Daniel Chapter 3 and challenged us to trust in the Lord, even if he doesn't deliver us. At three O'clock we were joined by 2 of my main buddies Pastor Eric S. Woodson ( Second Mt. Carmel) and Darryl K. La Bat Sr. ( Greater Metropolitan ) La Bat Preached from hab 3;17 and talked about the preachers bailout plan and again we were challenged to put our trust in God. Full "G" a great church showed tremendous love toward us and proved why there such a stellar church! Overall it was a great day and we praise God for it. We'll my vacation is over pray for me as I head back to the pit this week.

Until next time

Numbers 6:24

7 comments:

Pastor A. A. McGhee said...

Congratulations on 15 years of leadership. I'm sure it was a blessing to spend it with a father and friends in the ministry.

I pray that your return to the pulpit will be fruitful. Stay faithful!

Pastor Lance A. Mann said...

Doctor, I know that you had a great time with all of your services, but especially with Pop Reed. John Reed has sons all over this country, as far east as Newark, NJ, north as South Bend, IN and all points in between. I know Full G was blessed.

Lance

Keith D. Witherspoon said...

Congratulations!! May the Lord bless you with many more.

Fitts said...

Congradulation on this great accomplishment!! Keep up the good work! I'm happy to hear you had a wonderful time of praise and fellowship.

Grace and Peace,

DeAntwan

Clinton Smith said...

Congrats on 15 years of service to Full G.

BAW Sr. said...

Pastor Payne, once again congratulations on 15yrs. of dedicated sevice at Full G.
I know you all had a great time!
Awwww Yeah! Aint that right! lol
I know you get it!

BAW,sr.

Barry B. Severe said...

Hey Doc,

I blogged Tony, and told him how I kept knudging you in church saying "This is 1980's "Pop" Reed"! This is a throwback moment! What a time, what a time! 15 years is a milestone, and we sure celebrated in fine fashion. Remember what 'Bat said "People will turn on you quicker that show horses'!!! LOL!!!