Monday, November 3, 2008

LORDS DAY WORSHIP

Sunday was a great day of worship at Full "G", we had good attendance and we shared together in the Lord's Supper. It was my first Sunday back in the pulpit and I thought it might take a while to adjust but God honored our work and boy was it a whale of ride. Sunday I preached from Acts 27 "How to handle a shipwreck". Man was I tempted to cheat (LOL) I have one of the most flawless yet phenomenal sermons titled Anchors of the soul preached by the late HB Charles Sr. Hopefully one day HB Jr and I can get together and publish some of his works. At any rate here's my outline to help you steady your storm tossed soul by using four spiritual anchors.

1.The Anchor of Stability vs. 20-26
2.The Anchor of Unity vs. 27-32
3. The Anchor of Renewal vs. 33-36
4. The Anchor of Reality vs. 41-44


All 276 passengers made to land God never promised that things would not be lost, but he did promise they all would survive, and when your in a storm stuff doesn't matter but survival does. God always keeps His word, He didn't miraculously move them to the island. He did however give them the ability to get to shore safely, but they still had to swim did you catch that they still had to swim!!!!!!!!!

Until next time

Numbers 6:24

8 comments:

Pastor Lance A. Mann said...

Reginald, don't be ashamed, I wish I had some of HB Sr.'s sermons to preach. He was a GREAT preacher/pastor in our country. Great outline yourself doctor.

Lance

BAW Sr. said...

Great outline Payne, you know Dr.Charles was one of a kind, but I think he would be proud of the sons that came out of that ministry.You are no exception to that. Keep up the good work man.


BAW,sr

Unknown said...

Payne...816 NW 138TH...LOL.
Man I am sure that was a powerful message and I know you were strengthened in proclaiming it and that Full G was challenged and encouraged.

When are you going to publish your book on Sermon Titles?

Be Encouraged brother.
Tony R.

Clinton Smith said...

Good work, sir!

Fitts said...

Great outline Doc, I wish I could have been there.

I thank God for preachers like you, who allow the Bible to speak for the Bible.

DeAntwan

LISA VAZQUEZ said...

Hi there...

Sorry to veer off-topic but I had to mention the victory!!

BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA
- Toot's grandson
- Michelle's man
- Sasha and Malia's daddy
- OUR PRESIDENT, the gap man

Yesss...in our lifetime.

Vietta P's two cents worth said...

Yes, I did get it. I literally don't know how to swim, but I can stay afloat. Spiritually, I HAVE learn to swim through some rough waters. EVERY time I made it to shore with the help of the Lord. God is presently nurturing me as I recouperate from a recent shipwreck. God is so faithful. Thank you Pastor Payne for this encouragement.

Mom

Pastor A. A. McGhee said...

I don't know how I missed this post. Thanks for sharing the outline. Great Post.